Page last updated Aug 4, 2011 @ 05:26pm
Click thumbnail image above to enlarge
Automatic Transfer Switch
150 amp, 3-phase
with generator exerciser
The GE Zenith ZTG Series Automatic Transfer Switches are built for standard applications requiring the dependability and ease of operation found in a power contactor switch. Made in USA
* Ratings 40 to 3000 amps
* 2, 3, or 4 poles
* UL 1008 listed at 480VAC
* CSA certified at 600VAC (200-225 amp - 480VAC)
* IEC listed at 480VAC
* Double throw, mechanically interlocked contactor mechanism
* Electrically operated, mechanically held
* Designed for emergency and standby applications
* Also available in delayed transition (ZTGD) model
ZTG switches are equipped with GE Zenith's next-generation MX150 microprocessor panel which controls the operation and displays the status of the transfer switch's position, timers and available sources. As an embedded digital controller, the MX150 offers high reliability and ease of unattended operation across a range of applications. The MX150 now replaces the MX100 and includes:
* Timer and voltage/frequency settings adjustable without disconnection
from the power section
* Built-in diagnostics with displays for immediate troubleshooting
* LED indicators for ease of viewing and long life
* Nonvolatile memory--clock battery backup not required for standard
* Processor and digital circuitry isolated from line voltage
* Inputs opto-isolated for high electrical immunity to transients and noise
* Communications header for remote annunciator/network interface panel
* 7 day timed exerciser load/no-load selectable, pushbutton/timer operation
(CDT memory backup battery included)
Optional features include NEMA 3R for outdoor use, auxiliary contacts, enhanced C/D exerciser timer, extra power pole to switch neutral, single phase, etc.
The ZTG Automatic Transfer Switch combines reliability and flexibility in a small package for transferring loads between the utility and generator sets. The ZTG Transfer Switches work together with any remote-start generators using two-wire control. The control monitors utility and emergency standby power generator set power. When utility power fails or is unsatisfactory, the control starts the generator set and transfers the load to the generator set. The transfer switch immediately senses when utility power is restored. It automatically transfers back to utility power, shutting down the generator and instantly resetting itself for the next power interruption. No action is required by site staff.
Plenty of enhanced designed features:
* Close differential 3 phase undervoltage sensing of the normal source (user adjustable)
* Underfrequency sensing of normal source (user adjustable)
* Voltage and frequency sensing of the emergency source (user adjustable)
* Test switch (fast test/load/no load) to simulate normal source failure
* Test is automatically bypassed should the emergency source fail
The transfer panel and control are mounted in a single door NEMA 1 (indoor) or optional 3R (outdoor) enclosure.
|Switch Current Rating||150 amps, 3 pole (2 or 4 poles optional)|
|Switch Voltage||specify when ordering below|
|Switch Frequency||60 Hz (50Hz special order, request quote)|
|Control Features (see note 1)
PU = pickup
DO = dropout
PU-2Hz = pickup minus 2Hz
|Normal Line Sensing - undervoltage||75-98% DO
|Normal Line Sensing - underfrequency||PU-2Hz DO
|Emergency Line Sensing - undervoltage||75-98% DO
|Emergency Line Sensing - underfrequency||PU-2Hz DO
|Time Delay - engine start||0-10 sec||3 sec|
|Time Delay - engine cooldown||0-5 min||5 min|
|Time Delay - transfer to emergency||0-15 sec||1 sec|
|Time Delay - retransfer to normal||0-30 min||30 min|
|Battery Charger||not included (order separately if required)|
|UL Withstand & Closing Ratings||200,000 amps when used with properly rated fuse
30,000 amps when used with properly rated circuit breakers
|Lug Capacities||(1)#8 to 3/0 AWG per pole|
|Nominal Dimensions for NEMA 1
(H x W x D)
|24" x 18" x 11" (add 3" to depth
(not for construction, special options may increase size)
|Some of the popular model/types
that can be ordered at the bottom
of this page
(3 pole, NEMA 1 or 3R, 3-phase, 4 Wire, 60Hz)
|Former Numbering Scheme:
1) The start time delay prevents nuisance generator starts during momentary utility power variations; transfer time delay allows generator set to stabilize before load is applied; retransfer delay prevents needless power interruption if return of utility power is momentary; stop delay allows gradual generator set cool down; undervoltage sensing of utility supply provides reliable starting of generator set during brownout conditions.
2) This switch is not service entrance rated. This generally means that you need a service entrance rated device between this switch and your utility meter.
3) The standard ZTG contactor comes with 3 power poles to switch the 3 phase conductors. It does NOT switch the neutral, which is acceptable in most areas of the USA. See article 250.20 of the 2002 NEC. If there are special requirements in your area that require switching the neutral (as dictated by local codes or electrical inspectors) order an extra pole using the drop-down menu below.
4) Two single pole double throw auxiliary switches (1 on the utility and 1 on the emergency contactor) are available as an option. These are useful for remote indication of the switch position or to turn off loads that should not run when on generator power. To order use the drop-down menu below.
Customers who purchased this product also ordered:
(click underlined words to see product pages)
Battery charger BATTEND022
Extended warranty option recommended for applications in severe environments or where frequent switching operations of more than once per week are expected.
Replacement Parts for GE Zenith switches.
Select options using drop-down menus. Price adders for extra options will be automatically included in price shown by shopping cart.
Item Number: ZTGK15
Price last updated 3/24/2011
Shipping Weight: 69 lbs.
This item normally ships in approximately 3 weeks or less.
Are YOU ready for the next power outage?
1 Video Introduction
2 Outage Archives
3 Utility Industry
4 Why You Need Backup
5 Personal Stories
6 NoOutage Configurations
8 Sizing for Your Needs
9 Voltage Drop Calculator
10 Test Reports
11 Placing Order
12 Equipment Leasing
13 Books & Videos
15 Frequently Asked
16 Future Technologies
17 Electricity Glossary
18 Help with Plug Types
19 Who We Are
20 Why Buy Here
21 Our Customers
22 Pick a Contractor
23 Privacy Promise
24 Safe Shopping Guarantee
25 Terms & Conditions
26 What's New
27 Contacting Us
28 Generator Shortage
29 Parts & Service
30 Made in USA
We welcome your feedback or questions. Click here to contact us.
See our Terms & Conditions before using information or ordering from this web site.
Copyright © 1999-2012 NoOutage.com LLC. All rights reserved.